Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CNA Progress

Well, I made it threw the CNA training class.  Although it was intense most of the information was fairly common sense in nature.  I passed the class with an A.  I also took the CNA test.  It had the potential to be very difficult but it turned out to be fairly easy also.  I passed that with an A.

The real challenge was finding a job.  I searched for months.  I was searching in Prescott, Tuscon, and Phoenix.  It seemed like everyone was requiring someone to have job experience.  Something I had little of from training.  I did finally find a job this week.  I am working at a nursing home in the Prescott aria.

I made it thew the first week of orientation.  I have three more weekends to work before my orientation is up.  I hope I am ready by then. I know I'm not ready now.  This is really, really intense work.  There are so many things to be taken care of and not a lot of time to do them in.

I am actually very grateful for the place I work.  The residence, although each individually challenged, are actually not that bad off.on the average.  I have to care for between ten and twelve residence.  It takes a lot of work and I seldom get a break.  I don't mind though, I feel like I really make a difference in the lives of the people I care for.  Although they can be a little rude at times, they really appreciate the work I do for them.  I really hope to excel in this now position.

While I am working as a CNA I am learning a lot of things about nursing.  I got to help with some wound care this week.  I also get a little bit of a taste for what nurses have to do on a regular basis..  Although there job isn't as grueling as ours they stay really busy and work some long hours.

Sorry it took so long for me to update the blog, I was really overwhelmed getting threw class, testing, and trying to find a job.  With my new work schedule, I should have some more time on my hands.  I am going to be taking a break from schooling for a semester or two.  I figure I should focus my energy on work till I have the routine down.



Sources

 "stethescopes 1." http://onlinestethoscope.net/. Web. 28 Dec 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment